Tuesday, October 20, 2015

National Kindness Week!

Hello my loves! ^^

So, this week is National Kindness/Anti-Violence Week!
I recently thought back on my experiences with bullying, and how they have made the person I am now.
Heres the short version of it:
In elementary - middle school, I was bullied. Not physically, but it was more a passive type of harassment. I was ostracized, and met with malicious words on social media.
It felt horrible to be surrounded by people who clearly didn't like me, but having to stay with them because I had nowhere else to go. It was a trapped feeling, surrounded by this self-loathing that is manifested through insecurity and letting people hurt you on a daily basis.
I hated going to school in the morning, i hated it every day.
I felt so alone all the time, and my life was so unhappy that I actually started to self-harm and attempted suicide multiple times.
I still have scars on my left wrist, going up and down in lines that seem to be drawn in a color a little darker than my skin.
I cut deeper and deeper each time, hoping something would break and everything would be over.

But after i took some time and got some professional help, which was looked down upon, I turned into a new person. I made friends who cared about me and I found my self-respect.
I surrounded myself with people who made me feel good about my skin, and it may have just been as simple as a little laugh at a joke i tell.
I found i laughed more and more everyday, and I actually had a reason to get up in the morning.
I found a place for me that was full of love and full of happiness.
Those simple little actions made me a different person, and I found the true kellie hiding underneath rubble of my past.
I am happy, I am solid, and I am someone who has made it through so much, with scars still visible.
That version of me that I once felt so deeply, she doesn't exist anymore.

Doing something kind for someone is not difficult. NOT DIFFICULT.
Very simple things can make a person's day, and exercising a careful thought process when you say something to someone can save a life.
We are people. We are a united species who should be the hand to hold us together.
Do something for those around you.
Write a note, send a card, give a hug.

You can do so much as a person to make someone's life easier.
I was so alone for so long, and yet now I find myself a different person. A person with happiness and hope and true love in her life.

So on this National Kindness Week, Lets recognize the humanity of it all, and treat each other with respect.
Kindness goes a long way, guys.
Talk to you guys soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment